NYTimes subscription no longer working

George

10 Dec, 2014 03:40 PM

Hello,

I have the crosswords classics app and an active NYtimes premium crossword subscription. As of yesterday, my account information is no longer recognized and I cannot download new puzzles. I verified that my subscription is still active, and my password is correct. I updated the crosswords app to the most recent version and changed my password. The server is still not recognizing my information. How can I correct this? I love this app and really would prefer to continue using it as opposed to some other crossword apps.

Thanks.
George

1. 1 Posted by George on 10 Dec, 2014 05:38 PM

I did some more research and checking and I seem to have fixed the problem, though I don't know what caused the issue. I'll document what I did in case anyone else faces this issue.

I downloaded the newer version of Crosswords for ios8 and that also gave me a server error. I tried to download any available crossword on crosswords classic and found that none, even non-subscription based puzzles, would not download. But I was able to successfully download nytimes puzzles through Puzzaz and the NYTimes app. I deleted the app and shut down my phone. Restarted and re-downloaded crosswords classic. After doing this I seem to be able to download nytimes and other puzzles again.

This issue can be marked as closed. Thanks.
    George

2. SAI Technical Support closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2014 05:48 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Stand Alone, Inc. please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac